Friday 29 January 2010

4/52 - The final few days.

So the beard growth is nearly over, just a few more days and I shall return to normal. Going to celebrate with a cut throat shave and haircut on Monday 1st Feb. Two shots for this weeks post but I just couldn't decide on which one. The striaght classic head shot style or the cheesy pose which better reflects my current persona. Only downside to the first shot is that my hand covers a little too much of my chin. Set up for these shots are as follows.

Shot 1 - Black b/g about 2ft behind me, speedlight 580 exII on stand with beauty sih and honey comb grid camera left around 4ft from me, shot with 40d on tripod, but fired by my VARC. 1/60 sec, f/4, 1/8th power on flash.

Shot 2 - Black b/g about 2ft behind me, speedlight 580 exII on stand with beauty sih and honey comb grid behind and slightly higher than the camera around 5ft from me, shot with 40d on tripod, but fired by my VARC. 1/60 sec, f/4, 1/4th power on flash.

Processed in Lightroom then CS4 where I think I may have over cooked the skin smoothing but as I have the complextion of an aligator it was needed.

Pleased with how it turned in the end, simple lighting set up with effective result me thinks.


Flickr :: Site :: Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment